alesbianreads

A Lesbian Reads

I read books about lesbians, sometimes a few others thrown in, mostly Lesfic, F/F books. Come join me on my journey!

Beautiful Darkness
Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl

Review: Ask The Passengers By: A.S. King

13069935

A while back I read this book it was foumd in the teen section of my local library. So I decided to give it a chance.

Title: Ask The Passengers

Author: A. S. King

Pages: 293

Publisher: little, brown and company

Genre: YA fiction

Description:

Astrid Jones desperately wants to confide in someone, but her mother's pushiness and her father's lack of interest tell her they're the last people she can trust. Instead, Astrid spends hours lying on the backyard picnic table watching airplanes fly overhead. She doesn't know the passengers inside, but they're the only people who won't judge her when she asks them her most personal questions . . . like what it means that she's falling in love with a girl.

As her secret relationship becomes more intense and her friends demand answers, Astrid has nowhere left to turn. She can't share the truth with anyone except the people at thirty thousand feet, and they don't even know she's there. But little does Astrid know just how much even the tiniest connection will affect these strangers' lives--and her own--for the better.

In this truly original portrayal of a girl struggling to break free of society's definitions, Printz Honor author A.S. King asks readers to question everything--and offers hope to those who will never stop seeking real love.

Review:

I can feel the love shooting right through the body of the plane from some lonely girl layin on a picnic table in a small town no one has ever heard of before.

The journey of a girl trying to come out of the "closet"  its all on its random little path.  Many people have problems telling other people and I think this story is a good example of everything that could go wrong all at once.  It makes me wonder if this was someones story if it was I feel for them. Someday I hope that people don't have to worry about what other people think. This book is a 4. It leaves me a little bit sad. There are a few other things that I do love about this book in total though. I do love the cover and the sun flare it sets off. Sun flare photography has to be one of my favorite types of photography.

Have you read this book? What are your thoughts?